1. Council will ensure that buildings and public spaces are designed considering public safety through the application of Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) principles.
2. Council will increase community awareness of safety in public places, and crime prevention strategies.
3. Council will ensure that footpaths and cycling tracks have adequate lighting.
4. Council will continue to support equal participation and social inclusion in the community.
5. Council will continue to promote gender equality, respectful relationships and the reduction of violence through implementation of the Preventing Domestics Violence Strategy.
6. Council will ensure effective governance of environmental health protection measures including accommodation and premises inspections, swimming pool inspections, nuisance investigations, and conducting disease/outbreak investigations.
7. Council will prepare Council staff and the community to respond to future emergencies and disasters within the municipality.
8. Council will establish a central strong room to monitor CCTV from across the region 24-7 and directly liaise in real time with police and emergency services.