Providing up to a 15% competitive advantage on Council contracts to local businesses will help grow our local economy
Doing something about halting the trend of 60% of residents having to travel outside of the Moreton Bay Region every day for work is critical to our local economy.
THREE THINGS DEAN TEASDALE OFFERS AS MAYOR
- Better Council services delivered from a local perspective better parks, community facilities and local roads
- More Say in your Council with resident helping to set Council’s priorities through consultation
- An open and honest Council with fewer secret meetings and more decision making taking place in the open
DEAN’S PLAN FOR THE MORETON BAY REGION
UNITE THE REGION
- Better representation and communication with all parts of the region.
- Ensuring the whole region is properly considered when it comes to infrastructure and services.
SET A VISION FOR THE FUTURE
- A comprehensive review of council’s operation
- Identifying what is being done well, what can be done better, and how we can deliver the best value for ratepayers.
- Introducing better communication and transparency.
BACK TO COUNCIL BASICS – ROADS, RATES & RUBBISH
- Get a clear picture of what infrastructure and services are required across the region.
- Develop a strategy to prioritise, fund and deliver the infrastructure and services.
- Stop unnecessary rate increases.
- Provide value for ratepayers in delivering council services.
GROW AND NURTURE THE LOCAL ECONOMY
- Make it easier for people to do business in the region
- Support local business and workers with a greater weighting to local contracts and tenders.
- Create training and career opportunities.